Thursday 19 December 2013

First Term Reflections


So I leave Paris on Saturday to go home for Christmas. I was sat looking out across the city on the first level of the Eiffel Tower pondering life in a typically French and philosophical way. I’ve always known since the first day I decided to move to Paris that I was lucky for the experience but it’s only really hit me properly this week. Maybe this has something to do with leaving for three weeks this weekend but either way I feel incredibly lucky to be here.

Walking to my exam on Monday the sun was glistening on the top of Invalides. A sight I know I will never tire of. Yesterday walking around Musee d’Orsay was just as fabulous. To have so many great paintings on my doorstep is truly magical. Then sat gazing out across the city I thought of all of the friends I’ve made so far. From university and just random people in bars alike. Although I don’t get so much banter from the random bar friends!

I never wanted to get too deep on this blog, it isn’t very me. But after 4 months of being here I’ve really started to appreciate the important things. Mostly the people around you. So this is a shout-out to them. I didn’t think I’d get emotional saying bye to everyone going home but I did.

So guys, party at mine when we all return?!

No comments:

Post a Comment