Thursday 12 December 2013

Loving My Job


Sometimes looking after L and J is the last thing that I want to do. There are only so many temper tantrums one person can deal with especially when they aren’t your own kids. There’s also only so many times you can play happy families a week before going slightly more insane than you already are, but the past two weeks two things have happened that made me really love my job.

The first was walking into their flat and being greeted with the biggest beat hug from J. It was ridiculously sweet and despite me not being the most touchy-feely person I was really touched by it. It took me back to the first time I babysat her and she hid from me. It certainly feels quite strange that that was almost 4 months ago. She also opened the door to me the day after the hug holding out a piece of peel from an orange which had tiny little crabs balanced on it, trying to make me eat one. This 8-year-old might be angelic to look at but her sense of humour is beyond her years and truly evil!

The second thing was picking J up the other day and her showing off her new leather jacket. It looked identical to mine which L had tried on a couple of weeks previous. It transpired that they had both been bought them because they liked mine so much! Style Icon In The Making here!!

So now that I have just over a week left in Paris until I return to sunny Angleterre for the festive season, I’m feeling quite sad to be leaving them. I didn’t think I would form such a close attachment to the kids but despite their spectacular tempers they are quite endearing. This may have all changed by Monday. It’s time for the Bat Mitzvah on Sunday so who knows what drama may happen. All I can say is expect another post in the not so distant future……

No comments:

Post a Comment